6.19.2012

26 While 26: A Year In Review...

This is only the second year I've made a list, but I am so attached to this idea, I can't wait to do it this year too.  I think that it's a great way to set goals for yourself for the year, to challenge yourself and make it a reminder to do something new.

I hang mine in my house so I see it almost every day.  Subtle reminders.

Anyway, here was my list for this year:

Let's review?  Shall we?  I did pretty good this year.  Click to read my progress!



1. Go to 5 new wineries.  Done and done.  Thankfully easy to do in this here region.




2. Host a dinner party.  My friends make really good dinner party subjects :)


3.  Make an article of clothing.  Do hats count?


4. Finish my cross stitch and start another.  I finished another...but not the original. Half point?

5.  Buy a piece of art.  This print IS my life.  I am proud to have it on my wall!


6.  Exercise once a week.  I tried. Failed.  But I tried.


7.  Travel somewhere new.  I know I did.  This was too broad of a list topic. Who wrote this thing??

8.  Adopt a cat.  That didn't happen.  But I made a new cat friend?


9.  Meet Buster Posey.  I don't want to jynx this...but there is...a possibility. Stay tuned.


10.  Attend a horse race across the street.  I never know how to tell when they're racing or not.  So I failed again.

11.  Go on a date.  Ugh. 2 dates. Both UGH.

12.  Hang all my art.  Most of it!!


13.  Attend a midnight premiere of a movie.  Heh heh.  How can we forget THIS little event :}



14.  Find a new band.  I found a million new bands.  Of Monsters and Men, Noonday Underground, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, The Heartbreaks, Jukebox the Ghost, Angus and Julia Stone, Best Coast, Bootstraps, The Civil Wars, Gotye, Kimbra, The Head and the Heart, James Vincent McMorrow, Josh Garrels, The Joy Formidable, Kurt Vile, The Maccabees, Real Estate, Sleeping at Last, Washed Out....and on and on.  Some of them I was lucky enough to see live.  Check them out!

15. Go to the Ferry Building's Farmer's Market.  I did sort of on accident.  No pictures.  BUT I DID IT.

16.  Bake Christmas cookies.  I also did this...no pictures though.  I know, I know.  Pics or it didn't happen.  Well, TOO BAD!

17.  Cook something from each continent.  I probably had more progress on this than I'm giving myself credit for but I didn't do it consciously.  So I fail.

18.  See 10 live shows.  I sort of stopped counting, but my friends and I did pretty dang good in this department last year.  I'll give us a gold star for this list item.

The Head and the Heart

Bon Iver <3<3

The Weepies

Sam Bradley

19.  Spend a day in San Francisco.  Plenty of undocumented times. You just gatta trust me!  Let's go with they day I toured AT&T park with my family :)


20.  Have a Harry Potter movie marathon.  We totally did before we saw the last two installments of The Deathly Hallows.  My wand was present.


21.  Sew a duvet cover.  No. But I bought a really cool one!


22.  Meet a friend from far away.  Boy did I. Love her to bits and I wish she lived down the street EVERY DAY!


23.  Go to a spring training game.  Not IN Arizona, but we saw the first pre-season game in SF.  Does that count? I'm counting it.


24.  Make an investment.  Sort of.  But nothing exciting. Meh.  Pass.

25. Buy a camera and take pictures.  Cameras cost money.  But I took lots of pics on my phone.  

26.  Read 10 books.  I don't have many pictures of this, but here is me reading Sherlock Holmes.  If I finish Game of Thrones before my birthday I will have succeeded. :)



So there we go. 20 out of 26. Not too bad!  I'm proud of myself.  Stay tuned for my 27 list.  New fonts, new colors, new list items. No carry-overs this year!

I encourage all of you to do this, even if it's just a list of 10 things for the year.  It doesn't have to be more than that.  Just make a deal of it, tell people, and get them to encourage you.  It makes for great conversation and at the end of the year, you can look back and feel proud.  Tell me if you do it!  I'll cheer you on!!

Love,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment