A Breaking Dawn Soundtrack Education...

Hi there!

Long time no chat!  There's been a lot going on around here lately but I wanted to share some new music with you by way of the Breaking Dawn Soundtrack.  The track list was released today and I was happy to see that I didn't know many (if any) of the artists.  One of the things I enjoy most about the Twilight films is how they integrate little-known music artists into their soundtracks.

Take Florence + The Machine for example.  She had a following, sure, but after the soundtrack? HUGE.  Had you heard of Bon Iver before? (I had, but I won't judge ;) )  How about Beach House, Sea Wolf, St. Vincent or Sia?  I LOVE getting to know the artists before the soundtrack is released and the Breaking Dawn soundtrack is no different.

There are quite a few artists on here who are new to me and a little different style than we've seen before.  The original Twilight soundtrack was pretty "rock and roll," New Moon was relatively "indie" and Eclipse had more of a "pop" feel.  I can't quite place Breaking Dawn but I like it.

I put together a playlist that you can download at the bottom of this post, but if you want to check out some of the individual artists, I've posted some soundcloud links below.  I hope you guys enjoy the music!

Angus & Julia Stone - Big Jet Plane by nettwerkmusicgroup

Angus & Julia Stone - Yellow Brick Road by nettwerkmusicgroup

Angus and Julia Stone - And The Boys by theinsound

Aqualung - Brighter Than Sunshine by user6316939

The Belle Brigade - Losers by MMMusic

Bruno Mars - Just The Way You Are by bananacakes

Fire In The House by Hard Fi

Good For Nothing by Hard Fi

iron & wine - naked as we came by vagabondgirl

The Joy Formidable - The Greatest Light Is The Greatest Shade by battlevan

The Joy Formidable - Austere by rslblog.com

Lucy Schwartz - Gone Away by nettwerksync

Rain City (from Life in Letters) by lucyschwartz

Noisettes - Don't Upset The Rhythm by invisiblemen

Land or Sea by Sleeping At Last by sleepingatlast

Download of my "A Breaking Dawn Soundtrack Education" for you enjoyment and learning purposes.  I hope you like it! Download here


  1. Thanks for sharing these! After listening to them, I realized I had heard the song on here by Aqualung(so reminds of Jethro Tull) on Music Choice Alternative channel. Saw Bon Iver here in Savannah last winter....amazing

  2. Thanks for compiling this! I love new music and Twilight has introduced me to some really great artist!

  3. I agree Marina I don't really know any of the artists featured.
    I do know and love the noisettes this is my favourite song by them
    Never forget you
    and i'm anxious to hear what Christina Perri's song sounds like because I love "Jar of Hearts".
    Thanks for going to the trouble of putting this together, it's great!!

  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.